Saturday, February 26, 2011

Project 365 - Day 56


Yup, I've fallen behind on Project 365, and here I am (on March 1) backdating a whole 4 days, and really needing to catch up. The truth is, I'm surprised I made it as far as I did, as I am essentially a unitasker in a multitasker's body. When I get into a particular project, all other projects tend to get neglected. And for the past few weeks, I've been on a mission to get our house organized -- every drawer, every closet, every cabinet. A friend summarized this phenomenon by explaining that the first three years of a child's life are characterized by mere survival, but once your youngest hits three, you start to aspire to survive in a more organized fashion. Caroline is three, of course, so perhaps that is what's going on here. Anyway, I hit the upstairs linen closet last week -- this is a large closet with tons of potential that had been an overstuffed mess since we moved into the house. I emptied the newborn diapers, the elmo stick-on placemats, the falling towers of towels, and the 72 fleece throws, and returned everything that we'd be keeping into bins, baskets and (somewhat) neater piles. I have not yet arranged the sheets in rainbowetical order -- that will be phase 2. But I did put labels on the bins:


This one contains assorted heating pads, hot water bottles, knee/ankle braces for old sports injuries, etc. As David and I are pushing 40, I expect I'll need to add a second bin for these items soon.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS