Sunday, April 3, 2011

Project 365 - Day 92


Here's me crossing the finish line at the Talladega Half Marathon. I finished about 8 minutes slower than last year's Mercedes Half (I would have done better, but I lost time in the pits. Haha. Sorry, but the opportunities for cheesy NASCAR jokes are endless when you run a race at the Talladega Superspeedway. In fact, my running buddy and I killed at least 3 miles coming up with bad running/auto racing puns). In any event, at least I can walk right now (last year I hurt my knee and was sidelined for 6 weeks afterwards) -- which is a good thing given the way the rest of the day went down. Moving on . . .

Last year I said that that would be my last half; that I'd stick with 5Ks and 10Ks, but I ended up really missing Mercedes after not running it this year and decided on a whim to do Talladega. I'm once again swearing off halfs (they are hard on the body, at least my body. And I can get all of the benefits of running without doing halfs.) We'll see if I can stick with that - these longer races have an odd appeal to them . . .

2 comments:

Amanda said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! What a feat! So glad you feel good!

Mom to 3 C's said...

You go, girl!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS