Thursday, April 7, 2011

Project 365 - Day 95



I've been making these rolls at least twice a week for the past month and a half. My kids love them, which helps soothe my ego (which has been bruised and battered over years of hearing my kids complain about the food I serve. I mean, I'm hardly some great cook, but I think I am at least a competent cook, and when my kids would rather have Eggo waffles than delicious homemade buttermilk waffles (which are objectively much much better! I swear!) then mistakes were made, as they say. But moving on . . .

Anyway, I make them as one ounce rolls instead of larger hamburger buns, but I use them as burger buns (I make sliders instead of big hamburgers), hot dog buns, barbecue buns, and regular old dinner rolls. As is the case with most King Arthur Flour recipes, this one is perfect and foolproof. The kids like to spread melted butter on them when they come out of the oven (which is what is going on in this photo).

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS