Sunday, April 10, 2011

Project 365 - Day 97


Excuse the blurry iPhone pic, but I was still so stunned that I successfully pitched this tent that I forgot to dig into my backpack for my real camera. Elizabeth and I went camping at the zoo with the Daisy Scouts on Saturday night. It was both of our first time camping. I have to admit I was kind of dreading it, but it ended up being super fun! We had a night tour of the zoo, and I swear it was like being in a movie where the animals are just boring animals by day, but by night they drive cars and tell jokes in French. The animals were as engaging and animated as I have ever seen them. The zebras (who usually stand far back and ignore the visitors) came right up to the fence and whinnied (or whatever it is that zebras do to verbalize), the giraffes were practically doing the Macarena for us, and the lions were roaring up a storm. The girls really had a ball. Elizabeth slept well (I did not because I underinflated the air mattress, and it was too late to do anything about it by the time I realized it) but they brought the roosters in to cockadoodledoo at 6:00 a.m. (we had to be out by 7) so she is pretty tired today!

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS