Thursday, August 18, 2011

Insomnia

This must be an age thing, because it never used to happen to me (and I'm sure glad it didn't happen back when I had infants!), but these days if anything wakes me up past 1:00 a.m., I can't go back to sleep. I usually try for an hour or so, but can't help but think about all of the things I COULD be doing besides trying to go back to sleep, and then I just get up. It kind of offers a glimpse into what life could be like if I was granted my one (frivolous, non-world peace-level) wish - to be one of those people who thrives on just three hours a night. Anyway, Caroline woke me up earlier this morning, and after staring at the clock from 1:45 to 3:15, it became apparent that sleep would not be returning. Thankfully, for those nights you just can't sleep, there's Glue Dots!



I decided to make good use of these quiet middle of the night hours and assemble some cupcake toppers for Caroline's party (and fold three baskets of laundry, and begin the cake - oh sweet insomnia, please come again soon!)

1 comment:

Mom to 3 C's said...

Me too... I guess it must be an age thing {sigh...}

This looks like it is shaping up to be one awesome party. I can't wait to see the recap!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS