Thursday, September 1, 2011

sick day, part 2



Well, I pronounced Caroline well too soon. She fooled me with all the running, splashing, dolphin food bowl lapping, big pool begging, and normal acting that she was busy doing yesterday. So I was a surprised when she came downstairs hacking in the middle of the night. She crawled into bed with us, and it was like sleeping next to a radiator. Well, not really sleeping, because neither Caroline nor I slept with all of that coughing and heat radiating going on. I took her in to the doctor this morning, and the diagnosis is: cough and fever of indeterminate origins. I have a prescription for an antibiotic if she doesn't improve in a day or so (I would personally rather not commit to a 10 day antibiotic regimen if it's something viral). On the way home, we had this conversation:

C: {cough, hack, cough, hack}
C: Well, that didn't work.
Me: What didn't work?
C: Going to the doctor.

Here's to hoping she's on the mend!

1 comment:

Di said...

Rofl! I can so hear that same conversation happening with Gillian. Don't you just love 4-year-olds? I hope she feels better soon, and that you both get some rest.

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS