Sunday, April 15, 2012

Musical musings

David and I were driving home from dinner on Saturday night and I started telling him that I was really making an effort to listen to more Top 40 radio in an attempt to stay young and current, but that most of it is just so bad that it's painful to stay the course, and it's really much easier to just continue living in the 80s and 90s, music-wise. We had at least three seconds of complete agreement about the state of today's music, until I told him that one notable exception is Justin Bieber's Boyfriend, which is actually kind of awesome, at which point I lost all credibility in his mind. I told him that I just couldn't say it any better than they did on Glee -- he underestimates the power of the Biebs.



And then we had this exchange:

C: Speaking of GOOD music, I bought a new song on iTunes today.
D: What?
C: I'll give you a clue: Is this love, that I'm feeling? Is this the lo-ove, that I've been searching fo-orrrr?
D: Oh God. No.
C: Yes. Yes I did.
D: If you are going to buy Whitesnake, at least buy the song with the video where Tawny what's-her-name slithers on the hood of the car.
C: I think Tawny slithers in all of their videos.

What can I say? You can take the girl out of the era of the Tender Heavy Metal Power Ballad, but you can't take the Tender Heavy Metal Power Ballad out of the girl.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS