Friday, July 20, 2012

Barbie gets a haircut



Caroline rediscovered her Barbie stash last week and has been playing with them pretty much nonstop ever since. She set up a spa for them, and one thing led to another, and the next thing I knew she was asking me if she could cut their hair. My first instinct, of course, was to say no, you can't cut their hair, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that she would probably get more enjoyment from giving one Barbie haircut than she would from not cutting the hair on 1000 Barbies. Or something like that. I issued the standard disclosures: "Caroline, with Barbies, the hair is not going to grow back. Once you cut it, it's gone forever." And she responded: "I know! But it's a spa!" I just couldn't argue with that logic, so I got her a pair of kid scissors and told her to have at it. She was in heaven.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS