Friday, October 19, 2012

Nope, nothing to see here.

Our postman has this little thing he does that has given the kids and I hours (okay, minutes) of amusement over the past couple of years, ever since he took over our route. Poor David misses out because he's rarely the first one home to see (or not see!) the packages. I was finally able to compose myself long enough to photograph it.

Okay, so let's say we have a package that won't fit into the mailbox. The postman walks up to our porch with the package. But he doesn't just drop the package on the porch; oh no, that might tip people off that we are not home, or prove to be all-too-enticing for potential package stealers. While I suppose those could be legitimate concerns, the UPS guy, the Fed Ex guy, the guy who drops off our dry cleaning, etc. are clearly not worried. But our nice USPS guy is worried, so he goes the extra mile to try to hide the package under our doormat.

Caroline was the first up to the porch this time. Nope, no package there, just a doormat pulled off to the side with a giant lump under it! That will definitely fool anybody casing the neighborhood!

Let's move closer:

Keep driving, Harry and Marv, nothing but a doormat there.

I think it is so nice of our postman to try to hide the packages, but I can't help but feel like I'm playing hide and seek with a 2 year old -- when they hide under the bed covers and I pretend to not notice the toddler-sized lump under the comforter.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS